Sunday, February 22, 2015

OCD

Footsteps went down the hall. 
"Stupid blankets." 
I opened one eye to see that it was barely 7:00 in the morning. More footsteps. 
"Stupid bed." 
I stumbled into D's room to find him obsessively re-making his bed, blankets strewn all over. I helped him make the bed and set his animals neatly on the covers. 
"Go watch cartoons or something," I said. 
He looked at me like I was crazy and then stared at the clock. 3:12. What?!?! Apparently I can't trust my eyes when I first get up! 
"Okay, go back to sleep," I suggested. 
"I can't! I will mess up my covers!" he protested. 
"Then come lay in my room." 
"What about a pillow?" he questioned. 
"You can't move the pillows either? Okay...here is one you can have." 
He tossed and turned for over 45 minutes before finally succumbing to sleep. 

What in the world? Is he starting to demonstrate severe obsessive compulsive tendencies? Is this a one time event? I guess only time will tell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment