Saturday, March 29, 2014

Birthday Balloons - A rematch

My daughter was invited to a birthday party this afternoon. We decided to give it a try. Since Dad was at work, I brought all three kiddos to the party. At first, S wouldn't go in. Even though she knew the other kids and the mom, she was scared of the strangers. The mom is a preschool teacher, however, so she quickly got her involved. Meanwhile, my oldest, D, was hiding in the hallway because there were balloons - giant, unpredictable, fragile globes that make very loud noises when they pop! 

After getting S settled, I left with the boys. About 45 minutes later, I got a call saying S was crying and wanted me to come back. So we drove back to the party. By the time we got there, she was doing pretty well. We made a family decision to all stay at the party. Almost immediately, two balloons popped. I had to chase D through the hallways and get him calm. He didn't cry or hyperventilate, but he was definitely almost there. When we returned to the party room, it was piñata time! That brought D close to tears again because he thought it would "explode." Sigh. Anyway, the little two enjoyed the piñata, and D got some candy once it was opened up. 

Besides a few minor incidences, it was actually a pretty good experience. Slow and steady wins the race, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment