Saturday, September 21, 2013

In Poor Taste

Sometimes I wonder if I am too sensitive. Well, I know I am too sensitive, but sometimes I wonder if I am offended for good reason or not. For example, a relative posted this as their Facebook status today:

Well IT'S OFFICIAL!!!!! I have some AMAZING but at the same time shocking news! I'M EXPECTING!!!!! A little under 15 weeks and counting! I know, I'm shocked too. I can hardly believe it myself. I wasn't going to post it (on Facebook) but since y'all are my family and friends, I wanted to make it official. I'm too overwhelmed to keep it a secret!!! Who would have guessed that me of all people would be expecting again!! But I am!! I am expecting Santa in just 15 weeks! Repost if you have a sense of humor. Lets see how many people read the whole status. That's why it's good to read the whole story before you go run & gossip!!!

As I said, I know I am overly sensitive, but there are many people who have been unable to have kids, have lost a child after birth, or have lost a child while pregnant. I find this offensive and not funny. It isn't a joke to pretend you are pregnant. I find posts like this to be in poor taste. I hope I have never done something offensive like this. 

Now the question is, do I tell my relative how posts like this are VERY hurtful to people like me? Or do I drop it? I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, but I feel like she should know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment