Sunday, November 11, 2012

Showers and Crafts

We were blessed this week our church and my workplace both hosted showers for us. It feels like everything is more real. I have clothes, shoes, toys, bedding, and so on. This weekend my friend made the 7 hour trip to come visit, and we even did some crafting! For those people who know me, I am great at organizing, sorting, and cleaning, but I abhor crafts! However, when I am about to get my forever family, crafting is necessary. Not only does it help prepare my home, it makes me feel like I am doing something productive during this waiting game.

What did we make? We made some initials as art for the bathroom, hair bows for my daughter (love that word), and we turned an oatmeal can into a headband and hair bow holder. It was not a relaxing weekend, but it was productive and helped me feel like we are getting closer to being a family.

One tiny worry...

What if they don't show up and we have to somehow give back all of the gifts?!?!? 

Now that I have voiced that fear, I will do as one of my administrators says and "put in a bubble and blow it away." I have known in my heart since May 22 that these are my kids. The rest of the world has known since the end of August. Now I just have to have faith that they will get here when they should.

Here are some photos of the aforementioned crafts. Seriously, I can't believe I spent an afternoon on these things!




No comments:

Post a Comment