Saturday, October 27, 2012

Postponed

It looks like my little kiddos will be postponed. Originally we thought Thanksgiving was a realistic timeline. This week it was suggested that the end of December is more realistic. Maybe even two or three more months. It was a bit hard to deal with that information. What difference does one month make, right? Well, when you have been waiting two and half years, it is quite frustrating. Of course, having an extra month means one more month of planning, cleaning, and mommy-daddy time before chaos begins. It also means being able to hang out with friends and having an extra month to save up money for things we want to have for them (bunk beds and a kitchen island are at the top of the list).

Today I hung up all my girl's clothes according to size. Since I don't really know what size my daughter wears, at least she can start with her size, and I can give away the items that are too small. Next weekend I hope to organize the boys' room. I probably won't hang up all the clothes, but I might fold them neatly into piles and move a second bed into that room. In two weeks, my friend will be visiting. She is a crafty person, so I have enlisted her help on some other projects: bathroom and bedroom name art as well as a headband holder (thank you, Pinterest). So I guess I am rolling with the punches as postponement becomes an expected part of our lives. I will be so glad when this is all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment