Sunday, February 7, 2016

The D Word

My husband came home last night and told me he wanted a divorce. Yes, things haven't been wonderful since we adopted the kids, but I had no idea anyone was considering divorce. He has definitely made up his mind, and he is not willing to try to reconcile or try counseling. Basically he has been festering about everything that has ever been said or done, my fault or not, in the last decade. I mean, I asked him last weekend if he wanted to try to take a trip for our 10 year anniversary. Maybe he could have mentioned he wasn't planning on being around then. 

All I am worried about right now is my kids. My son is basically like a snowglobe that was just beginning to settle. This is going to shake him all up again. Took three years to calm him down the last time. I wish I could protect him from this. Honestly, I would pretend nothing was wrong for the next decade if that would spare him the pain he is going to experience. This is his absolute worst nightmare: our forever family wasn't actually forever.

I feel that my husband is being selfish, making his needs a priority over everyone else's. 

2 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry for the difficulty you are facing. It is so terribly tragic when one person decides to give up and you're left trying to hold things together. keep going, find some time to take a break for yourself, and dont give up hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far the kids know we are looking at moving. They are already uptight. We need prayers for the whole family!

      Delete