Sunday, February 21, 2016

Shock

I think the shock is wearing off. My husband is divorcing me. Despite the fact that my children will be crushed, he is unwilling to attend counseling. We have an open rental apartment in our basement...he is unwilling to let one of us live down there so the kids can stay in their home and see both of us every day. Yes, I realize it would be hard for the grown ups, but it would be better for the kids. I feel like I am watching out for four of us while my husband only worries about himself. I asked him what being divorced will allow him to do that he can't do now. He doesn't know.

Thankfully I have a built a web of support. I had friends take my kids to movies, take them to the park, clean my bathroom, help me get the house ready for showings since it is going on the market, painting the back porch, and listening to me while I cry and gripe and dream and everything else.

I have a village to help me keep my kids feeling safe and loved. It is going to be hard, but we will make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment