Sunday, January 6, 2013

Settling In

We have been home now since Wednesday evening. That means we have woken up in our own beds four times as a family of 5! They are great sleepers - 11 hours at night and a two hour nap. We are figuring each other out. Our routines, likes, dislikes, and so much more. It feels like every day is something new to figure out! Bath, supper, weekends, art projects, laundry, and church. There have been almost no tears. In fact, the only tears have been when we have said no to something (I mean, why wouldn't I let my daughter throw play dough, right?). This might still be the honeymoon period, but I am hoping they keep it up! We have an incentive program (a clip chart with colors) that seems to be motivating to all of them, so that is wonderful!

Tomorrow is the first day of school for my kindergartener! He wants to go so he can meet friends and learn, so we are going to send him. I am nervous. I don't want him to leave, but I know he needs to go sometime.  School is a challenge for him, but I am hoping he can do well. He really is a great kid, and he loves to make everyone happy. Now I have to start making arrangements for after school care and daycare/preschool for the other two. I hate to even think about when I go back to school in 6 weeks, but I guess I can't keep them home with me forever. They will be all mine in the summer though :) How surreal is all of this! This might sound strange, but they don't really feel like they are mine yet. I love them, and they love me, but we don't have weeks, months, and years of history yet. We don't know all the details of each others' personalities, and we don't quite know what to expect. I think this will be a great adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment