Sunday, February 8, 2015

5 Pounds!

I have had this post ready to go for awhile, but I just had to wait to celebrate! I have lost 5 pounds. That doesn't seem like a lot, but it represents about 6 months of gains! Since bringing home the kiddos, I have gained an average of 5 pounds every 6 months.

I really feel like my eating habits are under much better control, so now I need to focus on getting moving. Walking the dog, jumping on the trampoline with the kids, walking with friends, and bike riding are all good ways to include the family. If I need some down time, I can exercise in my room where I have made a space, in the family room with the Xbox, or on the elliptical. There really are no good excuses! I have the tools, now I need to use them. My husband and I agreed that at 10 pounds, I can order an activity tracker, so that is another incentive!

I need to remember that focusing on my health and wellness benefits my whole family as well. Nearly every parenting book for foster parents, biological parents, and/or adoptive parents includes a section dedicated to reminding the parents to take care of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment