Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Loneliness

When you decide to do foster adoption of a sibling group, you know you are going to face challenges. I never dreamt the loneliness would be one of them. I am lonely. I have no one to talk to about everything that is going on. Yes, I read blogs and read books, but I have no one to discuss how it feels to suddenly have three kids 6 and under. The only other person I know who did this is my husband, and sometimes he isn't who I want to be talking to. I need a friend who can understand. My friends are very supportive, empathetic, loving, and helpful, but they can't truly understand. Just like I will never be able to understand giving birth and having a newborn, they cannot understand adopting three preschoolers from foster care. I knew this would be a difficult path, but I didn't anticipate the loneliness.

No comments:

Post a Comment