Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Belly Laugh

As I read through my posts from the beginning of our foster adoption journey, I think I have lost some of my perspective. For two over two years, I prayed constantly for my children. I had faith and hope. 

Tonight, listening to my daughter tell about her field trip, I was reminded of the joy in my life that arrived with my children. S is an amazing story-teller. She has great inflection, detail, body and hand movements, and wonderful humor in everything she says. I could listen to her tell stories all day! Her class trip to the zoo today involved a very detailed description of a baboon's appearance, her time in the petting zoo area, an inattentive parent whose children were digging in the gross "poop and pee" sand while she checked her phone, and explanations of why the lion area isn't near the zebra area. I laughed. In fact, I belly-laughed. Many times. Great big guffaws, little snickers, maybe even a snort. Meanwhile, D listened to her story intently, asking questions and enjoying her narrative. J, on the other hand, took a sheet of stickers and covered his face. I love my family. 

Despite all of the tough days and challenges that come with parenting, especially parenting in our situation, my kids bring me joy, laughter, and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment